Temporary Visitor Visa for Sightseeing and Visiting Friends (for Non-Thai Nationals)
Non-Thai nationals wishing to apply for a temporary visitor visa should submit the documents listed below. If you have not read General information for Non-Thai Nationals yet, please see it carefully before preparing your application.
- Passport (with minimum 2 blank pages and with re-entry permit to Thailand. Please present your old passports, if any)
- Application form is available at JVAC or can be downloaded here
- One photograph taken within the last 6 months. (The photo must be 2 x 1.4 inches, black and white or color with plain background)
- Questionnaire is available at JVAC or can be downloaded here
- One of the following sets of documents dated not more than 3 months before the date of application
- For a business person:
Work permit issued by the Thai government (the original and one photocopy with all stamped pages) and Certificate of employment from your company including position, salary, and the date of joining (original) or Certificate of commercial registration of your company (a certified copy)
- For a student:
Certificate of enrolment from your school in Thailand (original) and Certificate of employment or Certificate of commercial registration of your parents (original or a certified copy)
- For a dependent:
Certificate of employment or Certificate of commercial registration of your spouse or guardian (original or a certified copy)
- For a business person:
- Bank pass book belonging to yourself, your parents, or your spouse
The original and one photocopy with all transaction pages
(Showing your bank book is required in the case of traveling at your own expense. However, exemption applies if you are either a public servant, employee of a government enterprise or public company, employee of a university, and confirmed to be earning more than 20,000 baht per month.)
- In case of visiting friend, the following documents are also required:
- Documents clarifying your reason for traveling such as an explanation in writing of your relationship with your friend in Japan (including details of when, where, and how you met, etc.) and photocopy of the passport of your friend (personal data page and all stamped pages).
- In case your friend or guarantor in Japan bears your travel expenses, please submit a guarantee letter and one or more of the following certificates proving his or her financial abilities such as certificate of tax payment (No. 2), bank certification of deposit, copy of the application for annual income tax payment or income payment certificate.
- Submission of an invitation letter from Japan is compulsory.
- If you meet a certain criteria for a representative to apply on your behalf, please check the following details.
In case a representative is applying on your behalf, you need to submit an authorization letter (English / Japanese / Thai) written by yourself.
- If the documents are insufficient or incomplete, we may not be able to accept your application.
- On the date of application, JVAC will hand you a receipt in exchange for your passport and you will find the collection date of your passport on the receipt. The average time required for the necessary examination is 5 working days, but in some cases the Embassy will request additional documents or an interview, which will take longer. If you have not heard from us more than 10 days after your application, you can call us and check progress by quoting the 8 digit barcode number on your receipt.
- For more information, please contact JVAC or Visa Section by phone. English speaking staff will assist you.