Multiple Entry Visa for a Short-Term Stay on Business (for Nationals of the Asia-Pacific Region)
Nationality of applicants
Applicants must be persons who are nationals of countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
If you have questions regarding the definition of applicable Asia-Pacific countries, please contact JVAC or the Embassy by phone. Nationals from some countries in the region are already exempt from temporary visa conditions, or are entitled with other conditions.
If you do NOT have a work permit or legitimate long term residency in Thailand, you cannot apply for a Japanese visa in Thailand, even if you are a national of one of the countries in the region.
1. Purpose of journey
Short term stay (less than 90 days) for business purposes
(Note) "Business" excludes activities conducted for profit, activities to receive compensation, and practical training.
2. Those who qualify
Persons in the position of (1) manager or above or (2) employee working for more than 1 year, in a company that fulfills the following criteria (Accompanying spouse and children who are applying together can also request a multiple entry visa, if necessary.)
- Companies listed on the stock exchange (including companies listed not only in Thailand and Japan but also in other countries)
- Government enterprises
- Joint corporations that have co-invested with Japanese companies that are listed on the stock exchange in Japan, and subsidiary companies or representative offices of those Japanese companies.
- Companies that have ongoing transactions with Japanese companies that are listed on the stock exchange in Japan.
- Companies that are members of the Japan Chamber of Commerce (JCC) in Thailand and have their head offices located in Japan.
- Companies that are listed on the Exporter List: E.L. of Department of Export Promotion (DEP), Ministry of Commerce, Kingdom of Thailand, and capitalized at 5 million baht or more and that (will) have transactions with companies located in Japan.
If you need to obtain a multiple entry visa but your company dose not meet the above criteria, please consult with JVAC or the Embassy before applying.
3. Necessary documents for application
- Passport (with minimum 2 blank pages and with re-entry permit to Thailand. Please present your old passports, if any.)
- Application form is available at JVAC or can be downloaded here
- One photo taken within the last 6 months. (The photograph must be 2x1.4 inches, black and white or color with plain background)
- Questionnaire is available at JVAC or can be downloaded from here
- Work permit issued by the Thai government (the original and one photocopy with all stamped pages)
- Certificate of employment from the company (the original dated not more than 3 months before the date of application) and including the followings:
- Present position (for directors, indicate whether full time or not.)
- Date of joining the company
- Purpose and places to visit
- Reason for requesting a MULTIPLE entry visa
- Supporting documents for the above No.2.a-f
- 2. a. Document(s) to prove your company’s listing on the stock exchange
- 2. b. Not necessary
- 2. c. Name and address of Japanese co-investing company as well as the proof of its listing on the stock exchange and the amount of stock invested in your company.
- 2. d. Letter of invitation from the counterpart company in Japan with the reason for requesting a MULTIPLE entry visa as well as the proof of its listing on the stock exchange.
- 2. e. Document(s) to prove your company’s membership of JCC as well as the address and contact number of the head office in Japan.
- 2. f. A photocopy of letter of listing on the Exporter List that was issued by Department of Export Promotion (DEP) on approval (SAMPLE) and document(s) to prove (prospective) transactions with company in Japan( e.g. letter of invitation from the counterpart company in Japan or document(s) to prove transactions such as INVOICE, etc.).
- If you meet a certain criteria for a representative to apply on your behalf, please check the following details.
In case a representative is applying on your behalf, you need to submit an authorization letter (English / Japanese / Thai) written by yourself.
In case of accompanying spouse or children, please submit the following in addition to above No.3.1-4:
- Marriage certificate (for spouse) or birth certificate (for children) the original and one photocopy
- Reason for requesting a MULTIPLE entry visa
- In case of accompanying spouse or children applying separately from the multiple entry visa holder, please submit a photocopy of the passport of the multiple entry visa holder showing photo page and multiple entry visa page.
- Please clearly inform the counter staff that you are requesting a MULTIPLE entry visa.
- If the documents are insufficient or incomplete, we may not be able to accept your application.
- On the date of application, JVAC will hand you a receipt in exchange for your passport and you will find the collection date of your passport on the receipt. The average time required for the necessary examination is 5 working days, but in some cases the Embassy will request additional documents or an interview, which will take longer. If you have not heard from us more than 10 days after your application, you can call us and check progress by quoting the 8 digit barcode number on your receipt.
- For more information, please contact JVAC or Visa Section by phone. English speaking staff will assist you.